What Is CHD? (Congenital Heart Diseases)
- Congenital Heart Diseases that is well known as CHD is a heart defect that transpires since birth. Mostly CHD children are born with unusual structured heart, extensive blood vessels or may have holes between chamber partitions.
- Though there is no accurate status report on CHD but a study says about 78,000 infants born with CHD die every year in India and pediatric experts says around 1.5 lakh children born in India every year with Congenital Heart Defects.
“Balaji Hospital” is a name of trust and excellence in health care world and served million people till now. With around 100 beds it’s a multi-specialty health care situated in Byculla, south Mumbai surrounded by greenery and serene view.
Man Behind Balaji
Dr. Ramesh S Kagzi; the man behind “Balaji Foundation” is the chairman and founder of Balaji Heart Hospital & Diagnostic Centre. Dr. Kagzi has an MBBS and MS degree from Mumbai Medical College and has almost 30 years of experience in Surgery field
- Over 2000 open heart surgeries of children have been successfully done under supervision of Dr. Kagzi out of which 900 are done free of cost for the underprivileged
- 1000 dialysis have been done for free of cost by Dr. Kagzi
- Conducted hundreds of free medical camps for departments like cardiology, urology, neurosurgery, Nephrology and Pulmonology.
Man Behind littlehartbeats
Mr. Mithun Pujari; a treasure of intelligence, creativity and the owner of two business organization named "Absolute Media" & "Cause Media" which is completely dedicated working towards social issues. Mr. Pujari has undertaken many social welfare projects amongst which little heart beats is one of his pet project which has been completely developed and designed by Mr. Pujari.
“Balaji Foundation” is a non-governmental and non-profitable registered social service organization committed to serving the little children fighting with heart diseases. Our aim is to identify and reach those underprivileged children who are fighting with CHD since birth. Our motto is to give them a combination of diagnosis, surgery and treatment ensuring the highest level of medical care and bring them back to the mainstream of life.
Process We Follow:
We have around 15 district centres all over Maharashtra and have many volunteers work for us to identify children fighting with CHD. We mainly focus on: